Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dallas Zoo


I feel like we have turned a corner with our little family.  When Killian was tiny, he was portable.  When he started getting mobile, life got much trickier for me.  Big outings intimidated me because I would have three kiddos to chase after.  After a successful trip to the grocery store with all three (for a big shopping trip!), I decided to try to tackle the zoo. 

We packed up and headed out as soon as everyone was up and dressed.  A quick stop by Chick Fil A and we arrived at the zoo at 9:10.  It was perfect!!  I was able to park close, it wasn't crowded, the weather was beautiful, the girls were so helpful, and Killian LOVED it.
On the monorail, Killian was fascinated.  Each time we passed by the animals, he would sign "more" and then shrug his shoulders.   If I asked if he could see the animals he would shake his head no.  So cute.  He loved it so much and made it through about 18 minutes of the 22 minute ride with no problem.  I was impressed.
The girls both loved it too.  Keeley isn't looking impressed in this picture but she was  enjoying it.  I just had a hard time snapping pictures of them while holding Killian.  They watched the animals and Kayden listened very intently to all the facts that the guide was giving.
Giraffes were one of the two exhibits requested.  We went to see them but the girls didn't want to feed them.
Eating at a cafe while watching a lion.  Kids seem unimpressed here but that is because they are looking for the bee that was flying around our table.
 There were these little elephants that the girls wanted to ride.
Kayden was the only one brave enough to ride the big one.
 
 
Standing by the kangaroos!
Checking out the tunnel....seeing where his sisters are going.

 
He loved it!!
The naked mole rats were the other exhibit the girls requested.  THey are sort of fascinated with them ever since we read "The Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed"

After we explored the naked mole rats, we played in the children's area.

There was a little stream I didn't know about before we got there.  The girls begged to take off their shoes and splash.  Of course it wasn't long before brother wanted in the action, and promptly fell.  And, no, Mom had no extra clothes...Keeley has told me multiple times that I will need to be more prepared next time we go back.
 
 
 
 
 


So much fun!  We bought a membership and I hope we are able to use it frequently.  The kids played hard and all three napped on the way home.  Perfect day with my sweet kiddos.

2 comments:

  1. We have a membership to the Ft. Worth Zoo and feel the exact same way! :) Good job! You are super woman! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, mama! We're going tomorrow after school because we have a membership that we got in May and we've only been TWICE (including the day we purchased it)! Since it's a nice day, I figured we'd head out, even if it will only be for an hour (I hate that they close at 5).

    ReplyDelete