Friday, May 10, 2013

Ireland

So, Kelly and I went to Ireland with his family for a few days and it was AMAZING.  I'm terrible at remembering names and haven't really had time to talk to Kelly about these to properly document the trip.  However, I wanted to just throw a few out there.  This is only the first half of the trip because I left and Kelly stayed a few extra days.  I know even less about his pictures...

Carrick a Rede (or something like that)....tiny bridge WAY too high up that I actually crossed.    It was worth it though.
 
 
Giants Causeway
 
Castle we took pictures of but didn't get to see.
Really old and famous bar we stopped at on the way home.
 
Learning to pour the perfect pint of Guinness.
  
Success!
  
 
Doesn't even look real!!!  I kept thinking that as I looked out on the countryside.  This was quite a hike  but it was totally worth it.  SO beautiful.
Celtic cross.

It was really neat to learn so much about  history on the trip.  Also very interesting how differently it is portrayed than some of what we learned in school...same events, different take on it.  I definitely want to return someday with the kids.  Everyone was nice, food was decent and the scenery is amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment