Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pierced Ears!!!

The girls have asked off and on for the last couple of years if they could get their ears pierced.  Every time they have asked, I have have said yes.  Their follow up question has been whether it would hurt.  I've always said yes and pinched their ear a little with my nail to show them that it would be like a pinch and then done.  They've always said "nevermind."  

Shortly after Keeley started school this year, she started asking and was even willing to deal with the pain.  Kayden said she wanted to do it also.  Then Keeley said she didn't want Kayden to watch.  So, I needed help, preferably help that didn't have to be chasing Killian. We called Oma and she was happy to oblige.

Our friend told of us a great place to go where there is a trained person that uses a needle to help control the size of the hole and placement.  I thought that sounded great.  The idea that the ears were done at separate times didn't seem great to me but I was willing to go with it.  Our friend gave us some numbing cream and we made the appointment.  The day of the appointment Keeley had a birthday party so Oma came over early and had a special Cherry Berry date with Kayden and then had some playtime with her.
Showing off their finished magnet work.
After Keeley and I got home, we headed down to LaLobe.  When we got there, we watched a girl get her ears pierced and got a lesson on earrings and piercings (I learned so many things).  Then I went to pay for the piercings and earrings.  The lady said she'd let me wait until it was actually done because a lot of kids don't actually end up leaving with both ears (or either) pierced.  That combined to watching the girls' faces while they were watching the other piercing did not reassure me.  Keeley went first and wanted Oma to stay with her so I didn't get pictures.  Kayden and I walked up and down the hall.  I kept peeking in and she seemed to do fine.  Eventually I walked through and she was done.  I was so happy!

Kayden was next.  She is a brave, brave kid.  After stitches to her face with no "happy juice", I was pretty sure she'd be okay.  And she was!
 
And, Oma was up next!  She wanted to get a second piercing.
Watching Oma so intently.
I felt a little left out not getting anything pierced! 
They are still so adorable but I'm so sad how much older the piercings make them look.

No comments:

Post a Comment