Thursday, March 13, 2014

Oh Killian

We sure love this little guy but man on man does he give us a run for our money!

* Last Wednesday he came home from school and refused to change into a fresh diaper for nap.  He said, "No diaper!  Underwears.  Diaper baby"  Awesome...and terrible timing.  It was days before Kelly went out of town for 5 days so I was going to be doing it alone.  I knew we were getting close but I was going to wait for Spring Break so we could have some time at home instead of all our carpool runs, dance class...He's actually doing pretty well if we can convince him to sit down on the potty.  He never wants to go and when we make him go in there, it frequently takes 5-10 minutes to actually make him sit down.  Good times.  I keep reminding myself that I thought the day would never come when Kayden just went to the bathroom like a normal person (instead of taking off EVERY item of clothing first) and she does just fine now.  Its a season, right.  It will pass...

*  The other day all three of the kids were playing in the living room while I got dinner ready.  Their favorite thing to do is pile up all the cushions into tents/forts/houses...He was in the process of making a big house on the couch and all of the sudden popped his head up and looked at me.  With his arms spread wide and a huge smile on his face, he said, "Mommy, you are my happy."  Totally melts my heart.

* Killian likes to wear his pajamas ALL the time.  Kelly laughs that he instantly strips when he comes inside (not even getting out of the mud room usually) so he can get back into pajamas.  It is not uncommon for him to wear the same pair for 24 straight hours  or to change into "day time pajamas" if some of his favorites get washed during the day.  Even though he is supposed to wear a uniform to school, he usually refuses.  The school encourages us to just bring him as he is pack his clothes so that is what I do most of the time.  We'll pull up to carpool in pajamas about 95% of the time.  Occasionally, I can get parts of his uniform on, but the days where he has all of his uniform on are rare.  Yesterday he was busy playing super hero in his underwear with his "grandma blanket" and his "magic stick" that Oma bought him.  Too busy to be bothered to put on any clothes before we went to school.  My plan was to drop off Kayden and then Keeley and then get Killian dressed.  However, when we got to school, he just laughed and laughed as he ran in with just his underwear on.  Crazy kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment