Monday, July 13, 2009

My Dare Devil

Ever since the amputated finger incident, our kitchen table has been pushed against the wall, the girls' chairs pushed in, and I've been eating on an exercise ball. I've also removed the green chairs the kids use at their kiddie table. All of this because Kayden keeps climbing on the chairs and shaking them. I don't understand how this is possible. If you talk about how she hurt her finger, she'll come show you the hurt finger and make a sad face. Somehow though, she doesn't make the connection between her crazy climbing and the injury.

Anyway, this weekend she learned to climb into her high chair and into Keeley's booster seat if the chairs were left pulled out from the table a little. This morning, she was trying to get into her high chair that was pushed in by scaling the side. She pulled the chair down on top of her. Fortunately, I was standing right there and caught the chair as she landed in a little stroller that happened to be sitting there. Now, there are no chairs at the table. I've moved all of them to another room unless we are actually in them.

I got everyone calmed down and loaded the car up for Gymboree. At this point I'm a little nervous because Keeley started wearing panties on Thursday last week. This is still pretty new and, while we haven't really had many accidents, Gymboree is pretty distracting. I decided that instead of following Kayden around as closely as I usually do, I'd keep an eye on her but stay closer to Keeley to make sure we didn't have an accident.

That was the wrong choice. Kayden was within arms reach, but still managed to swing off a slide and slam into the steps. She now has this bolt shaped bump on her forehead and a swollen upper eye lid.


Seriously? My kid is THIRTEEN months old. Some kids aren't even walking yet. How does she keep getting into such trouble?!

Good news: She quickly settled down when they offered her some goldfish and Keeley didn't have any accidents!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, for heaven's sake!! If I believed in kid-leashes, I would totally recommend it!

    ReplyDelete