Sunday, March 14, 2010

Birthday Party!

Well, it is official, we have a 3 year old.  I can still hardly believe it.  This year for her birthday we went to Little Gym.  I campaign very hard against a Little Gym party.  The kids love them, but I am just so tired of them.  Keeley was really into animals and the Jungle Book when we started planning so I tried to convince her we should go see the animals at the zoo for her party.  She kept saying "We'll go see the animals and THEN we'll go to my birthday party at Little Gym."  Since it was her birthday, I finally gave up and resigned myself to another Little Gym party.  I'm so glad I did.  Look how happy she is!
It also turned out to be a good thing because we had a million kids there!  We invited Keeley's toddler class, our friends in McKinney, and our friends from the Garland area.  We felt very loved when they all came and it looks like they all had fun too!
Getting ready on the air track.
Playing with bubbles and balls.

The grandparents came too, which I love.
I see a little bit of resemblance here :-)

 
Look how sweet she is with Grandad!  She wore him out I think!!

As much fun as Keeley had and as silly as she was when she was by herself (see below),

The minute there was any attention on her, she became very shy again.
Mom had to ride the parachute and the birthday ride with Keeley when she wouldn't by herself.  Nothing like hoping all the parents can keep it going while you are in the middle....
This is Keeley when everyone started singing.

I made her a giraffe cake (with a little help on the horns from Oma).
Because there were so many people, we also got cupcakes.  I was going to decorate them like an animal.  However, when I asked Keeley what animal she wanted on the cupcakes, she said "umm, an elephant...and a monkey....and a tiger....and a whale.  All the animals on my animal pajamas".  I decided making them was a no go!  We bought white and I put different animal decorations on them!

All in all, we had a wonderful time.  Thank you all for helping us celebrate three years with our beautiful girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment