Thursday, July 15, 2010

Food

Keeley is certainly challenging my patience with her eating, or lack thereof. I've spent hours on-line, talking to friends, talking to the pedi, talking to our aunt that is a pedi,...

Suffice it to say, I am trying to get her to eat and to eat better. We're eliminating snacking except for designated times, eating all food at the table, etc. I also thought, while we were at it, I might try to make the food I am offering a little more fun. This is a perk of staying home I suppose. I actually have the time to do it (sometimes!) and at least the first thing the kids say is something positive when they see their food instead of "I don't like this".

This morning I made them a good breakfast to power them through swim lessons. Keeley said she was starving and not happy she had to wait. She did smile when she sat down to this.
And then this is what was left when they were finished.
Doesn't that look like a kid that was "starving"? So annoying. At least she didn't say she didn't like it. She just said "Kayden, if you want my eggs you can have them, okay." And she wonders why she is starving before every meal. It is because YOU DON'T eat I want to explain to her. And I'm not asking her to eat weird things. Those are mini waffles, french toast sticks, eggs, strawberries, blueberries, and banana (with some peanut butter "glue") on the plate. All of that kid friendly right?

No comments:

Post a Comment