Thursday, June 27, 2013

Berry Picking!

 I was inspired this year to go berry picking after reading it on a friend's list of summer items.  I researched some options and picked Ham's Orchard.  My kids (and I) don't do well with heat so I figured we'd pick berries for a little bit and then head home. I was completely wrong.  They all loved it and Kayden asked to go back out three separate times while we were cooling off. I was going to tackle the adventure all by myself but Oma decided to come along.  We had so much fun with her and I'm so glad she came because I was able to be so much calmer with another person to help with the kids (and I was able to get some pictures!).

Oma brought this giant hat for her.  The girls quickly took it over!
 
 
 
 
Killian insisted on being held most of the time.
He also couldn't be bothered to hold his own bucket!
The girls liked to hide in the shade of the hat even if they weren't the one wearing it.
Pretty soon Killian discovered the sticks.
    After we got pretty hot, we headed to the porch for lunch and peach ice cream - ice cream first!
 
 
He couldn't be bothered to eat by himself either....
Keeley found a bug and trapped it until everyone could see it.  Killian needed to be really close.
Rocking chairs!!
Girls and Oma headed out again and Killian wanted to stay in the rocking chairs.
Love that sweet boy.
I got up to straighten up lunch and he headed off for Oma and the girls.
On a mission!!
       
Keeley carried her bucket and Killian's back to be weighed.

We had a great time and all the kids slept on the way home!  Kayden asked if we could please go blueberry picking soon so I've started researching that too...

Kelly surprised us all by making a blackberry cobbler with our pickings a few days later.  Yum!

1 comment: