Thursday, June 6, 2013

Last day of school/first day of summer

Well, the school year has come and gone.  This has been a stressful year with us at Good Shepherd and we are not planning to return next year.  Today was incredibly bittersweet for me.  On the one hand, I can't wait to start the summer with the girls.  I've missed them so much this year.  On the other hand, it has been really hard for me to prepare for this day knowing it would be our last at Good Shepherd.  We started at the the school when Keeley was 2.  Those teachers have loved and nurtured our girls through the loss of my Kendrick, my grandfather, and the birth of Killian.  The girls have learned so much!  They have truly blossomed in the montessori environment and we are so thankful for all of our experiences there.

Here's Kayden on the first and last day of school....

 

And Keeley.....


 And the family....

 








I cannot believe how much they have changed in a year!!!   I also cannot believe the girls will be in Kindergarten and First grade next year!

I decorated the mudroom as a surprise for when I picked them up and they loved it.....
 

And we compiled a list of activities to start working on during the summer.  I'm going to savor every minute of summer with my babies.  Or at least cram enough activities in to carpe kairos a bit!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment