Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The chair

Each day I go to pick Killian up I wait in the lobby chairs.  He is always so excited to come out to see me.  Soon after we started school he told me he wanted me to "wait in chairs" while he went to school.  I explained that I did not sit there for all 4 hours but that I would be back when he was finished with lunch.  One day I was late picking him up and he was very frustrated with me when he exclaimed, "I had to wait with Patricia.  You wait in chair for me tomorrow." The next day I made sure to be in the chairs when he came bounding down the hall with a big smile and said to me, "thank you for waiting in chair for me."  Such a sweet boy.

Because there are only a handful of kiddos that stay half day the teachers sometimes forget to bring him down (he's the only half day kid in his class) and the receptionist has to go get him from the story circle.  On the other days that he comes down, the teachers let him walk down the hall by himself to me.  Today when I arrived the receptionist was not there and Killian was running late.  I walked down the hall and peeked in his classroom. As I watched he carefully put his lunch box together and carried his dishes to the sink (they plate all their food on actual plates at school).  He glanced up and I quickly hid because I didn't want to disturb him. A few moments later he came out of the class and I was waiting right there for him.  We walked to the car together and I got him situated.  As I started to drive away I glanced back at him and he said with a furrowed brow, "Mom, you came to ours door today."  I said that I had and told him I was just checking on him.  He replied, "Moooom.  You don't come to ours door.  I do it myself.  You just wait in chair."  My littlest is getting so big :(

No comments:

Post a Comment