Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kayden Update

She is only 4.5 months old but I thought I should let everyone know that she is definitely on the move. I'm not sure what she is doing would be considered crawling, but she is certainly able to move a good distance. When you lay her down on her back, she immediately flips to her tummy and holds herself up really high. She will look around the room to follow you, the dogs, and Keeley. After a while, she'll start scooting backwards until she gets stuck (under the couch for example). It amazes me how quickly and how far she can already move!

Moving is also top priority for her in the bathtub. The girls bathe together every night - Keeley in the tub and Kayden in a mesh chair next to Keeley. Recently, Kayden has started trying really hard to roll out of her chair. I'm not sure what we should do next. She is able to sit if she is supported a little but certainly not on her own. We'll see how long we can keep her in the chair!

She is not sleeping well at any time of the day or night which is pretty annoying. We aren't really sure what is going on. However, as many parents of young kiddos can relate, these early months have tons of things that all interfere with sleep: colds, teething, new milestones, increase in sociability... I just keep telling myself that it will get better. Keeley was a bad sleeper for so long and was grumpy because of it. Kayden, for the most part, isn't grumpy!


I know I am slightly biased, but I think Kayden is one of the cutest babies ever :-)

1 comment: