Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Gray hair

I think my hair will not survive Kayden's toddler hood and keep its natural color. I may not keep my sanity either....

Here is a run down of our last three weeks:

5/26 - diagnosed with hand-foot-mouth
5/28 - burned her finger on her birthday candle
5/29 - check up and shots
6/1 - fell off chair and amputated finger tip; molars start to come in
6/2 - had to get a cast put on because she wouldn't leave the bandaging alone

Then we have some days of "normalcy". Although, I'm not sure you can consider a one year old with a cast normal life...

6/11 - puts her cast in a bucket of rain water
6/12 - has to have cast taken off and a new one put on
6/13 - awake from 12am-4am
6/16 - falls running after us and cuts her mouth and then later puts her cast in the dog water bowl; I dry it for 10 minutes with a hair dryer before it quits feeling wet to the touch

We have an appointment tomorrow to have the cast removed again. Of course, we won't actually be able to see the doctor (that would be too convenient) because she is out until Friday. I'm hoping that the nurse practitioner will be able to see that it is healed and let us not put a cast on. Otherwise, we will have to get another cast removed on Friday when we had our regularly scheduled appointment.

She's going to wear me out!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, for Heaven's sakes!! What a mess! I'd be surprised if your hair even stayed on your head...I'd be pulling mine out! (Thank goodness she's cute and sweet and loveable!) :)

    ReplyDelete