Friday, November 6, 2009

Bike-a-Thon

Keeley's school has an annual bike-a-thon to raise funds. The kids collect pledges and then ride their bikes for the day. It is a hugely fun event. All the kids look forward to it, there are special shirts made for it, and tons of parents come out to cheer on their kiddo and help with the event. I was amazed at the parental turn-out!

Kelly volunteered to help out all morning. Keeley was so excited her dad was going to be there! Kayden and I picked up the snacks for the riders (bananas and water) and then I was going to help out as long as I could. Kayden wanted none of that and Keeley wanted me to hold her when she saw me. That meant I didn't stay long, but I did get to cheer for her for a minute at least! Because Kelly was volunteering on the course and I had to leave, we didn't get too many pictures. Here are a few:

Ms. Alva leading Keeley and some of the other toddlers out to their special toddler course.
Keeley checking out her feet.

Keeley checking out Owen.

There was some drama, of course. That is to be expected with a bunch of toddlers. When Keeley got off her bike to come see me, Owen got on her bike and that temporarily upset her. Apparently though, she then decided Chloe's bike was the one to ride and rode it the rest of the time!

Because the toddlers were in their own special area, they got to ride as long as they wanted. That ended up being 1.5 hours! Keeley came home so tired and slept until just past 4 - that's a 3.5 hour nap!!!

It was a big success and I look forward to having two little riders next year!

1 comment:

  1. Keeley is sure your daughter!! checking out Owen. Seem to remember someone at a dance recital making sure EVERYONE did the right steps and was in the right place=) (Just remembering)

    ReplyDelete