Saturday, February 20, 2010

Potty Time!

Keeley is potty trained outside of naps and bedtime.  Seeing big sister go to the bathroom all the time has made Kayden obsessed with it as well.  She wants to sit on the potty all the time.  I'm in no hurry to rush the potty training, but I also know that kiddos go through critical phases where it is easier.  Because she is interested, we indulge her most of the time.  We practice sitting and relaxing and pushing.  We go through the motions of wiping, flushing, and hand washing.  Usually, to be honest, I'm just annoyed that we have to spend so much time in the bathroom.

Thursday, the girls and I went to Chick-Fil-A.  Keeley, of course, needed to go potty while we were playing.  We got shoes and socks on, ran to the restroom, and Keeley started for one stall while Kayden started for the other.  Annoyed, again, at Kayden saying "need to go potty", but not wanting to discourage, I helped her get situated. She pushed me away and said "need some privacy".  As I was stepping back and explaining to her that I wasn't leave her in there by herself, she got a huge grin on her face and I heard her actually going to the bathroom!  She's not even two.  I was so excited for her.  I asked if I should sing the proud of you song and she said yes so I was singing to my littlest in the Chick-Fil-A bathroom.  She was so, so proud of herself.

We've had lots more "need to go potty" with no success in the two days since then.  Tonight, Kelly and I were on a date and I got a text from Mom saying that she did it again at our house!  Perhaps potty training the second will be easier than I thought! 

1 comment: