Monday, February 1, 2010

Transition: Day 1

Today was Keeley's first day to transition to the "big kid" school.  Over the course of the week, she will be spending more time each day in the primary classroom.  On Friday, her new primary teacher will get her out of the car in carpool and she will spend the entire day in her new classroom.

Last night, I told Keeley that she would be visiting the big kid school today.  She seemed hesitant and was very insistent that she would go back to "her" school after the visit.  This morning, one of her new teachers stopped by to say hello to me and Keeley while we were in carpool.  As soon as she left, Keeley said "I don't like that new teacher".

However, when I picked Keeley up from school, she was all smiles!  She and another of her friends both spent one hour over in the primary classroom together and she had fun.  Keeley told me that she did lots of painting works and that the "big kids showed me how to do the works".  Hopefully each day will go just as well!

1 comment: