Friday, May 21, 2010

Singing

Before naps today Kayden and I were rocking. Keeley no longer allows me to put her down for naps - she simply goes in her room and plays until she wants to sleep at which point she turns off her light. Anyway, Kayden likes to rock and read or sing. When you read with her, it is really you looking at a book she has chosen for you and her reading a book by herself. It is very important that you are looking at your book but not reading it out loud. She also likes you to sing to her and she will sometimes join in. Her favorite lately has been "Jesus Loves Me" she requests it as "Jesus loves me bible so". She also likes "He's got the whole world in his hands" She requests this usually by saying, "and Grandma and Oma" Once you start singing, she'll tell you the specific people that God needs to have in his hands, what order you should list them, and who is not to be included. Today she didn't want "Jesus Loves Me" and got frustrated with me singing "He's got the whole world in his hands" because I tried to add Stevie and Simeon when we were listing the Martinez family. That was not okay. Instead of arguing the point, I just decided to rock with her. She started singing a song they learned at school to teach them some basic Spanish. I started to sing it with her and she said, "No, Mommy. Don't sing it. Just my friends at school do. Not you." My oh my does she know her mind!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder who's daugther she is???? Seems I remember someone else very much like that.(Maybe you should ask your brother to shed some light on this=)) Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete