Thursday, September 2, 2010

Choices

Keeley has learned that her world is about choices. This is a good thing. Most of the time it works in my favor. She will ask for a snack and then say "what are my choices?" Then she will pick from that. It has worked well for us so far. No major meltdowns because she feels it is what I want her to have or nothing.

Today on the way home from a playdate, I told them I would stop and get them a drink and asked what they would like. Keeley responded with, "What are my choices?". I gave her two choices and waited. She said "hmmm..." and pondered for a few moments and then said, "I'd like a strawberry slush please." I appreciated that she asked so nicely, unfortunately, strawberry slush was not a choice I had given her. Apparently, if you don't like the choice Mom gives you, you should just make up your own!

Then, later this evening we were eating dinner (and Keeley was in her leotard, of course) and she told us she was cold. I suggested that she go put on some warmer clothes. She looked at me as if that was in no way an acceptable option and then said "How about we turn the air off." Good problem solving. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of changing the temperature of the entire house to fit the whim of a 3 year old that insists on wearing a leotard all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment