Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My little buddy

 
Do I have the cutest little guy or what?  We are few days short of 9 months but I wanted to update on some of his latest "achievements"

He loves the dishwasher and will cry when you make close it.  If he hears you open it he will come crawling as fast as he can to try to get into it.  Here he is helping me unload.

Taking the basket out
Getting it back on the door
Trying to put it where it goes

"Hi, Mom!"
He also really, really loves to be wherever his sisters are and doing whatever they are doing.  Kayden was the same way with Keeley.  The problem right now is that the girls are really interested in paper (drawing/painting/cutting/reading) and he is interested in mouthing everything or tearing it.  I keep telling the girls to move to their rooms or the kitchen table (he can reach their blue table) and they continue to be resistant to that idea.  Here they are working on the kitchen chairs, which he can reach, and trying to protect their work.


He is also really interested in cause and effect and controlling his environment.
Pulling all the toys off the shelf at the dentist.
I don't have a picture of this, but this morning I woke up to a weird sound on the monitor.  Normally Killian wakes up after the girls.  If he wakes up earlier than they do I just let him play in his crib.  He rarely cries and I don't want to encourage wake up time earlier than 6:30.  This morning, however, the noise was odd so I peaked at the monitor.  He had some how managed to reach his arm all the way through the slats to my little "night stand" where I have his noisemaker, books, and the necklace I wear while I nurse him.  He grabbed the necklace and was banging it around on the slats of his crib.


And, finally, he doesn't like to nap. I know this should not be a shock to me but I really had hope that he would be a better napper than the girls.  He is better, I guess, but he still doesn't take those long two hour naps that everyone else seems to have!  In the afternoon he is particularly resistant I think because he knows that he can play with his sisters.  He really loves them and cries every morning on the way to take them to school.  Anyway, the last few days he has played in his crib for an hour or so even though he is really tired.  He'll play and then get mad.  As soon as he gets really worked up I go put him on his stomach and pat his back a minute and he'll settle to sleep.  Today he'd been playing for about 30 minutes and I looked at the monitor to discover he had taken off his pants.  No big deal.  About 20 minutes later he was talking and seemed very excited so I looked again to see the monitor picture.  This time the image I saw on the screen was shaking and he was gleefully pulling the cord that goes to the monitor's camera above his head.  He'd pull really hard and then look up toward the monitor.  I went in there, reattached the cord from where it had fallen (it was out of his reach before it fell), changed his diaper, put his pants back on, and laid him down.  I patted his back for a minute and then left.  He instantly became very angry.  I sat down and heard another weird noise.  When I looked at the monitor I discovered he had thrown his little board book out of his crib.  That is a temper I have yet to see in him!  Life just keeps getting more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment