Friday, July 27, 2012

Fashion Critic

Kayden only likes it when I wear dresses and heels (which is next to never).  She'll come in the closet while I get ready for church and tell me why I should wear a different dress or shoes than the ones I'm wearing.  One day she told me I needed to wear different shoes with my shorts because she didn't like my flip flops.  That particular day, she wanted me to wear black stiletto heels.  Today may take the cake though:

I worked out this morning and then we went to Kayden's swim lessons (at an outdoor pool). By the time I got Killian down for his afternoon nap, I just figured I'd stay in my work out clothes and shower again after Kelly got home. I walked into the living room and had Kayden say, "Mom, would you please change into normal clothes? I don't like those clothes." I sighed and decided that I would feel better at dance class in "normal" clothes so I went to change. I came back into the living room and she says, "Mom, can you please take your hair out of a pony tail. I like it straight."

Seriously, this kid is all kinds of critical. And she's 4! And I don't say anything when she leaves the house in a Minnie Mouse costume (complete with ears)....

No comments:

Post a Comment