Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Not a baby

Yesterday I took all three of the kids with me to get leotards for Keeley and Kayden to start dance (not a great plan, but it was what it was).  Killian entertained himself running in and out of the girls' dressing rooms as they changed clothes.  A set of three year old twins watched him and kept saying, "Mommy!  Look at that baby!"  The mom corrected them each time saying, "That's not a baby, it is a little kid.  See, he's walking."  While it is true, it made me sad to realize that even other people notice he isn't a baby.

Today we went to a new park area to explore.  He would wander a few feet from me and then turn around and ask for my hand so that he was brave enough to explore more.  I was happy to have a break from my hip baby, but sad as I realized he is getting further and further from "baby" in all regards.  It won't be long before he is running off without even a glance toward me.

1 comment: