Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Little Brothers

We talk frequently about Kendrick.  It will come in waves where we talk about it all the time and then not again for a while.  We always answer any question the girls have and have been very open with them from the start.  Even though I know it is important to them that we remember him, I am frequently surprised how it comes up.  The other night we were showing the girls our Christmas cards as I stuffed the envelopes.  Kayden looked at it and read all the names.  She looked up at me and said, "It needs to say Kendrick. He's in our family, he's just in heaven.  We still need to have him on there."  I told her that was a good thought and very sweet of her to remember him.  I explained that we couldn't fix it on these cards but that we should definitely do that for next year (although I'm not sure exactly how to actually carry out that idea).  Amazing to me how much she thinks about him.  When he died, she was only 20 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment