Saturday, December 15, 2012

Teeth!

There was an incident at a bounce house birthday party this weekend and Keeley lost a tooth.  I was out in the waiting area with Killian (because he had recently been trampled by some big kids) and Kelly came out with Keeley who  was covering her mouth and crying.  He said, "she did something to her mouth but she won't tell me."  He handed her over and she calmed down a bit.  We went into the bathroom and looked at her mouth to discover that her tooth was knocked out.  After stopping some of the bleeding, she ran back inside to the place where she had lost it and actually found it.  She missed cake and wouldn't tell Kayden or Kelly what had happened for the rest of the night.  During the night, however, the Tooth Fairy visited and all of Keeley's embarrassment was soon forgotten with the family.  She was so excited to show Kayden the glitter and tell Dad about the money!

At school, however, the embarrassment continued.  Three days in a row she came home upset about a particular kid giving her a hard time about her tooth.  All three nights we talked about it and talked about how she could handle the situation.  On Wednesday night she and I were playing and we bumped the other front tooth (that is barely hanging on).  It started to bleed and I asked if she wanted to try to pull it.  She started shaking her head and said, "He'll make even more fun of me tomorrow if I have another tooth gone." We started to talk about that and she stopped me saying, "Mom, I really don't want to deal with this right now. Can we deal with it in the morning?"  Cracks me up when she sounds like such a little adult. I said that was fine and that I would email her teacher and have her talk to the kiddo.  That resolved the issue at school and her tooth is still barely hanging on....

No comments:

Post a Comment