Monday, August 12, 2013

Beach- Day 3, part 2

We ate out on the balcony.  It wasn't too hot, the breeze was great, and it let everyone move around a bit. Killian parked himself on our bucket of toys.


After we ate, Oma read to the girls while Killian played under the chair.

We all took naps and then headed back down.  This time we were leaving Oma with the kids at the pool and were going to go parasailing.  Kelly thought I'd be too scared.  After riding the banana boat with the girls that morning and watching the parasailers, I decided I wanted to, but was just going to go a little bit high.  Kelly decided we should go as far out as they did...I think there was 800 feet of rope.  We were really high!

We got strapped in and had very little instruction before we started.

They had told us that we could let go as soon as we were in the air.  We both did for a little bit but it totally freaked me out so I maintained my death grip for the majority of the flight.

They had warned us that sometimes the drivers like to "dip" the passengers right before they bring them in.  Here we are preparing for our "dip".



Yes.  Those are my feet.  Yes.  They are level with Kelly's chin.  I was dunked and Kelly was dipped.




So much fun!!  We then went to retrieve the kids at the pool.  They wanted to ride on Kelly.


More balcony fun after that.  I told you that we weren't really sun people.  That mid afternoon sun is hard on us!


Fortunately, we didn't have to be in the sun to get "surf lessons" from Oma.  Keeley decided on day one that Oma could give lessons.





So funny!
After surf lessons and dinner, we headed out for ice cream.  Killian was way too focused on eating to smile for me, or even look my direction.


There's the cheese face.
Once I sat down, he ate the majority of my ice cream in addition to his.  I then went and got a chocolate covered banana and he ate that too.  Apparently he was hungry because I didn't get much of my ice cream or banana and he you'll notice his original bowl of ice cream is empty.

Then it was time to read.  None of us look happy but I promise we were having a good story time ;-)

1 comment: