Thursday, September 19, 2013

Kayden

When we moved to our new school, I was most concerned about Kayden.  She was leaving her class at the year when she was supposed to become the "leader" since it was her final year of the three year cycle.  I was concerned that she would have a hard time in that role at a new school because she would be a new student.  It is hard to be a leader when you don't know any of the rules or people.  As a middle child, I thought it was critical for her to experience this role. I didn't need to worry at all.  Of three kids, she is adjusting the best.  She is smiley and happy to go to school.  All of the staff adores her.  Academically she is doing phenomenally - bringing home multiplication work and reading chapter books.  All of that is so great for me to see.  Even better than me seeing it, though, is knowing that her teachers see and appreciate it too.  When I picked her up today, her teacher said to me, "Whatever did you do to create such a jewel.  She is....complete."  Warms my heart to know that her teachers recognize how precious she is and love on her when she is away.

No comments:

Post a Comment