Saturday, January 11, 2014

Tooth Fairy

Tonight when I was tucking Keeley in she was reading a book about a the tooth fairy.  As soon as I got up on her bed she said, "Mom, is there really a tooth fairy?" I tried to play it off for a while but then she looked at me and said, "Mom, I want to know the truth."  I'm all for maintaining the fun of childhood but I'm not going to flat out lie when confronted like that so even though I was super sad, I said, "It's me.  I'm the Tooth Fairy."  She looked at me with wide eyes and a huge smile and said, "YOU!  You put the sparkles (glitter) in my room?!"  When I nodded she leaned over and gave me the biggest hug and said, "THANK YOU!  I love them so much!"  We talked for a few minutes about how this needs to be super secret so that Kayden and Killian still get to have some of the fun and then I told her I'd still be the Tooth Fairy for her. Another huge smile broke out on her face and she said, "You will?!  Thank you so much!  I love you!"  I'm totally sad that she is growing up so fast but it was so sweet tonight that I almost (almost) didn't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment