Friday, January 31, 2014

Girl Scout cookies!!

The girls were really excited to participate in the annual Girl Scout Cookie sale this year!  They set their sights high (a computer at 5500 boxes) but ended up settling for an artic wolf stuffed animals.  We sold to friends the first day to get some guaranteed sales under their belts and then they tackled the neighborhood, Grandma's office, Grandad/Dad's office, and Grandad's neighborhood.  The both also sold at their schools and lots of booth sales.  The fist day they had the cookies, Keeley went to school and asked her teachers.  The upper elementary teacher told me that Keeley approached her first thing in the morning and asked if she'd like some cookies.  The teacher replied that it was trying to set her class up and that Keeley should come back a little later in the day.  She reported to me that Keeley leaned back and crossed her arms and said, "When?"  The time was set for after Keeley ate lunch and she returned to secure that sale.  The teacher told me that a few hours later Keeley returned and asked, "Are you sure you wouldn't like to buy some more cookies?"  She was set on getting her goal!

I picked up the cookies in the evening on a Friday.  When I got home, I let the girls come down and help me double check my numbers and sort the cookies.  This is the first year the scouts in this area had cookies in hand when they started the sale.  I had 300 boxes of cookies at the house!



Grandma's office was the first time we got pictures of the kids selling.  Of course brother had to help :)  When we'd go door to door he'd run right along with the girls and say, "These are my sisters" and get boxes of cookies out to hand to customers.


The first meeting after receiving the cookies we had a cookie knowledge meeting.  Keeley's favorite part was tasting all the varieties.  Kayden was sick that night so we brought some home for her to try another day.



Adorable girls at two of our booth sales. 


I was really proud of the girls.  They both got really good at asking people, handling the "no" responses, and counting money.  I love the cookie sale.  All of the money from the sale goes back to the troops so we can fund activities for the girls.  Such a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment