Saturday, February 8, 2014

Bad words

A few weeks after starting school, Keeley came home telling me that she'd learned the "S" word.  When I asked her what it was, she replied, "stupid."  I was quite relieved.  Last night when we were reading she said, "Mom, did you know that there is an "A" word?" I said, "Oh really?"  She leaned over and whispered, "Yes.  It's "ass."  In some places people use it as a name for donkeys but here we think of it as bad word."  I was a little shocked she had all that information but she seemed more interested in the fact that it was a name for a donkey so I relaxed a little.  She then said, "Oh!  And there's an "F" word too."  Oh dear.  I was not prepared for that.  She leaned over and whispered, "fool" and I let out a big sigh of relief :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment