Thursday, February 20, 2014

Grandparents day

The school had a day especially for grandparents and the kids were lucky enough to have both grandmothers be able to attend.  It wasn't actually on a school day for Killian but we let him go up there for a bit with Oma to explore the book fair.  The kids were able to go to the book fair, they did a craft in Kayden's room, ate lunch with the granparents, and then watched a talent show.  Keeley decided a few days before the talent show that she'd like to perform and set up about practicing her piano. This took me by complete shock because she hadn't played the piano since we stopped taking lessons at the beginning of the year.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get pictures of anything!  The kids and grandmothers had a great time though.  The day before the event, Keeley was telling me that the grandparents were going to be able to tell stories of, "olden times."  My mom had specifically asked me if that was going to happen and I had called the school, to which I was told "no" so I was confused when Keeley said this.  I asked her what exactly she meant and she said, "They'll have a chance to tell us about when they were growing up.  To share their stories."  To which I responded, "That'll be fun!  Oma definitely has a lot of stories to share."  She quickly responded,  "I know!  Like the other day when she was telling us all about George Washington and the cherry tree.."  I had to try so hard not to laugh as I explained, "That was a great story, but Oma doesn't actually know George Washington.  He was alive a long time before her."

No comments:

Post a Comment