Wednesday, March 5, 2008

State of the Monkey

Last night, Monica, Stevie, and Judah brought dinner over so Keeley got to stay up late and play with Judah. They both really enjoyed playing with the red car that Keeley's Oma and Poppy got her for Christmas.This morning, despite the fact that she was severely lacking sleep, Keeley was up at 6:45 - right on schedule. I walked in her room, she smiled and held up her pacifier and then noticed the dogs and started saying "dog." I would say we are back to normal!

I've also decided to re-frame my thoughts. Instead of getting annoyed that Keeley doesn't catch up on sleep by sleeping in, I think I should be happy that she is very consistent with her going to bed and waking up schedule. That really is a healthy thing right?

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I would give just about anything for consistency and predictability. Not the earliness, necessarily, but I think I would take consistency over the particular hours.

    ReplyDelete