Friday, March 21, 2008

Tired...but happy

Keeley woke up screaming at 5:30 this morning. I have no idea why but I swear I'm really beginning to believe that she senses that things aren't quite right and that throws her off. Poor thing woke up yesterday and spent the entire morning without me and then when I came home with her dad, she wasn't allowed to get close to him (doctor ordered no lifting and to keep Keeley at an arm's length away).

I scooped her up and went back to bed hoping that she'd fall asleep with me (I don't know why I even bothered because that hasn't worked since month 2). We stayed in bed until 6:30 at which point I decided it was silly to keep trying to go to sleep. At least I got to have my eye closed, be lying down, and be in the dark...

We got up to get breakfast started and Kelly came in the kitchen. He slept in the other room last night so I wouldn't accidentally bop his nose. I assumed he slept well, but he didn't :-( He woke up with a stiff neck and had to take more pain medication.

I fed Keeley, helped Kelly get taken care of, got her back down to sleep and then was able to nap while she did - for 1 hour. She woke up happy as can be and is currently opening and closing the doors to the study while one of our dogs tries to get in here and the other tries to get out. It is, apparently, quite entertaining to her to close the door and then look through the glass at the dog on the other side.

The things no one tells you about before you become a parent...

but look at this face -

(hair from a nap with Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment