Sunday, August 17, 2008

Seattle

This last week, Kelly and I took Kayden to visit our good friends on their road trip. Dave and Cara are were in Seattle and we thought it would be fun to visit. We originally decided on it so that we could see Forks but it turned out that Forks was going to be too much of a trip to take Kayden. If you don't know what Forks is, you are missing out on some unbelievable novels.

Kelly talked me out of taking Keeley. It took a lot of work for him to do it, but I think it worked out for the best. Kayden is still little enough to travel fairly easily whereas Keeley is WAY too into her world to sit still or take naps during a trip. While it was really hard to leave Keeley, I knew that she and her Oma would be having tons of fun. It also gave us 3.5 days of bonding time with Kayden - without big sister around. The bonding was pretty intense for me. This is how our day went: wake up with Kayden beside me (she didn't like the hotel crib much), get ready for the day and put Kayden in one of my wraps, take her out of the wrap when it was time for her to eat, let her face out for a while and then turn her back around to sleep. She did awesome! She even let me nurse her under my cover while we took a tour of Pike Market.

On her first plane ride.

With Dad at the aquarium.

As a scuba diver "catching" Mom.

After our tour of Pike Market.


While we were gone, Mom and Keeley played really hard. One of the highlights was their trip to the beach club in our neighborhood. Keeley is at such a fun age!Running through the square of water - her favorite on the splash pad.

Look at that concentration!

Headed out to deeper water...

3 comments:

  1. Reading the fourth right now! Can't wait for the movie this November...if Dad and the babies let me out to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Breaking Dawn in less than two days. Good ending. Anyhoo. It looks like everyone had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like Keeley had a great time! Thanks again for coming up to see us. It was great to spend time with yall!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete