Thursday, August 7, 2008

Toddler Games

Here are a few of Keeley's favorites right now:

* Up/Down all around - This is where Keeley insists on getting up and then down over and over again. She particularly likes to play this game when Kelly gets home as she asks for up/down/Mama/Dada over and over again. We don't think this is so much fun.

* Car tricks - Keeley LOVES her red car. On days when I don't feel like braving the 115 degree heat, I can appease her by taking many, many laps around our house. Other days, I just can't turn her down when she comes to me dressed to go outside (hat and shoes) and proceeds to lead me around the house to get my hat and shoes. These days, I'm tricked. She insists on taking the red car. We get exactly 4 houses away from our house when she starts the up/down game. Holding a toddler on your hip, wearing an infant, and pushing a car while the toddler gets up and down over and over again is not my idea of a good time. We promptly proceed home until I am suckered again another day.

* Dog chasing - Keeley has discovered that the dogs are great fun. I'm not sure the dogs think she is fun. She will chase them forever giggling all the while. Maggie isn't particularly found of the girls and pretty much tries to just stay out of their reach. She runs from Keeley not understanding that Keeley thinks that she is participating in the game. Carbo is VERY patient with the girls and allows himself to be fairly abused. He thinks Keeley is trying to catch him and sits down. This prompts Keeley to push him and sign "more" to us. When we ask if she wants more chasing, she quickly responds with exaggerated head nods and a "ya". Poor dogs!

2 comments:

  1. That's adorable. (That pic must have been taken awhile ago! 1. Keeley's much shorter, 2. The purple ball is still intact!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the picture was taken right after she learned to walk. I just think it is awfully cute!

    ReplyDelete