Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 2 - Progress?

Well, today was the second day of Mother's Day out. Yesterday I put Keeley in the church nursery for the very first time. I've been wanting to do that for a while but have been fearing the inevitable crying. One of her MDO teachers is also a teacher on Sunday morning so I thought it would be good practice for her and a shorter time frame to get used to. She did okay in the nursery but still wasn't terribly happy when I dropped her off or picked her up.

I had high hopes for today. Every time we talked to her about school, she was excited about it. This morning as I gathered all her things together, she insisted on carrying them to the car.

Look how big the bags are compared to my tiny girl!

When we got to school, she saw some other kids with their things going inside and wanted to go too. I tried to help her but she wanted none of that.

So cute! She's so determined to do it all by herself.

She insisted on doing it all by herself the entire way into the school and all the way down the hall. As we got a little closer to the nursery, she wanted to hold my hand. Seeing the bye bye buggy made her want to get in my arms. Looking into her classroom made her cry. Handing her to the teacher made her scream. However, I went around the corner and the frantic crying ended in less than a minute. MUCH better progress than I anticipated for the second day. It appears to me as though she really wants to go to school and knows she will have fun but is still not sure she's ready to be that independent yet. Something tells me that this is just the stage we are in...

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad today was better! She is so cute carrying that backpack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are so stinkin' adorable! I'm super glad things went better today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute walking with her bags...

    Happy Birthday, Kerri!

    ReplyDelete