Monday, September 15, 2008

Day of firsts!

Well, Keeley did AWESOME at school. I stood outside and watched her for a little bit to see if she was happy. She was eating her snack and having a great time. She got a little sad when she saw me, but just a little. As soon as I picked her up, she kissed Kayden's head and was smiling again. And, I know you aren't going to believe this, but she NAPPED at school!!! My child, the non-napper. The one that refuses to nap at my mom's actually laid down and took a nap with no fight. Now, it was only a 35 minute nap for the day but I was amazed. I just about fell down with shock when they told me. As we were leaving, I put Keeley down to buckle Kayden into the car and Keeley actually tried to go back to school. Amazing.

I was a little nervous about how the afternoon would go when we got home since she woke up at 6:30 and only took a 35 minute nap. We got home and she was in such a great mood. She ate a lot of food (not her normal 6 grapes for the day) and was so into playing by herself! Kayden took a long afternoon nap and Keeley and I went outside to play and she only checked back in with me occasionally.Gathering all her water bottles for her snack.

Her ensemble when I told her she needed a hat to go outside.

It was such a great day. When Kelly got home, we ate dinner with Kayden in her high chair for the first time. Then we walked to the park and Keeley had so much fun climbing up the playground equipment and sliding down the slide by herself. She was like a different kid.

Such a happy baby.

Big girls at the table.

Kayden's not sure of the kisses from Keeley.
Keeley had to find a step stool to get high enough to kiss her.

I think I am going to really enjoy having some special Kayden time on Mondays.

1 comment:

  1. Kayden is getting so BIG! What a chunk! And Keeley...what a card! They're both just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete