Friday, August 28, 2009

Back to School

Today completed Keeley's first week at her school. She had SO much fun and came home covered in dirt and exhausted every day. While never one to hold back her words, she's become even more a chatterbox this week. Today while we were eating she said "my friends miss me". I said they probably were sad to see her leave today (we were one of the first pickups). She responded with "I miss my friends." That confirms to me that we have definitely, definitely made the right decision.

She goes every morning for 3 hours. I was worried about this and concerned that the weeks would be too long for her to be scheduled every day, but I think it will be just fine. She is attending a montessori school so I don't think she feels too scheduled just due to the philosophy of montessori being more child directed. This particular school spends a lot of time doing works outside which has been great for her (and me!)

Some highlights of the week:
* She learned to spread during snack one day. They spread cream cheese on a bagel. She told me about it and then did it with some yogurt and a pea pancake at lunch.
* She has learned some Spanish (one of her teachers is from Mexico). On Wednesday she said "this is my pie" and pointed to her foot. She has also learned nose and hands.
* Gavin and Lucas are still her best friends at school but she also talks a lot about Owen now...
* Apparently, she is a tattle-tell. She came home on Tuesday and said many time "Cage didn't listen. Cage didn't listen to Sutton" (Cage is a little boy in her class and Mrs. Sutton is one of her teachers). I asked Mrs. Alva about it and she laughed saying that Cage didn't listen to Mrs. Sutton yesterday.

Here she is getting ready to leave on her first day of school. She's holding Cassie and Teddy Bear. Teddy Bear is new. We got him two weeks ago as a phase the paci out step. Instead of 10 pacis in her crib, she now just has her favorite blue one and we stuffed the other 9 inside the bear. So far so good!

2 comments:

  1. Could she be any cuter!!!!!
    The bear the pacifiers are stuffed in, is it a Build a Bear?

    ReplyDelete