Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Language Development

Kayden has had an amazing explosion of language lately. She's starting to put words together to form sentences and uses some of the same phrases frequently. I'm amazed at how well she is able to communicate her thoughts and feelings. Some of my favorites right now:

* "stay here" - She does this if she is leaving a room and doesn't want me to follow. She'll hold up her hand, say it, take a few steps, turn around and say it again.

* "riiiight there!" - She does this with some emphatic finger pointing.

* "my work" - I knew this was coming. That is what they teach Keeley to say at school so Kayden hears it quite a bit from big sister. Today, Kayden was working on a block tower (technically, she commandeered Keeley's....) and Keeley added a block. Kayden, with a very serious face, came up to me and said "my work!" and pointed to her little chest.

She also is "reading" books now. She'll flip through the pages and say a few words that correspond to the page. They really are sponges at this age!

1 comment: