Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"The left one"

For the past three weeks, Keeley has been very preoccupied with "the left one". She'll show you two diapers and say "is this the left one?" or when looking at hers and Kayden's plates for meals "I want the left one". The frequency with which we hear this is a little crazy. When we were in Houston for Thanksgiving, my grandparents noticed and asked about it. I said that I had no idea where it came from. My only thought was they were working on it at school. Kelly and I talk to her about left and right but we never ask questions like that.

I asked Mrs. Sutton, she looked at me like I was crazy and said no. After a few days of thinking about it some more, I decided to ask Mrs. Alva. Mrs. Alva works with the kids in the transition room. That room contains works to prepare them for primary and a lot of them are left-right based to prepare them to read. Today I asked her and she looked at me like I was crazy too. She said no and then I explained my reasoning. She agreed that the transition room is set up that way, but said it is all unconscious for the kids.

I have no idea where the left one came from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment