Sunday, January 31, 2010

Proud of You

Growing up, anytime my brother and I did anything that was a big deal, Mom sang the "proud of you song."  I honestly have no idea if she made it up or if she got it from somewhere.  But it was always the same.  As we got older, we pretended not to care or even that we didn't want her to sing it.  Maybe we always did that and I can only remember the older years.  Regardless, I did love hearing it and I sing it to my girls now.

Kayden loves it.  She smiles really big the whole time you are singing it.  Keeley has never, not even once, let me sing the entire song without saying "NOOOOO" and waving her hands.  I keep telling myself that she loves hearing it just as much as I did. After all, she won't let me sing anything...

This past Thursday, Keeley was having her baby doll, Cassie, go potty.  Cassie ended up in the toilet.  I was completely grossed out.  She got washed immediately and I decided that the girls needed to have a little potty for their dolls so that won't happen again.  This morning, I gave the girls the new potty (along with some other new doll things).  They set up camp in their tent and I left the room.  A few minutes later, I hear the little potty flush and Keeley started singing the "proud of you" song.  It was so cute. 

1 comment: