Monday, April 19, 2010

Bad Day at School

The girls were a bit grumpy and woke up a little early this morning.  I almost didn't send them to school, but after a bit of food they seemed to cheer up so I sent them.

At carpool pick-up, I noticed that Kayden wasn't wearing any socks.  I asked her teacher and she said "Kayden and her friend Lily were doing the wrong thing.  They kept taking off their shoes and stepping in mud puddles.  Her socks are really wet."  Uh-oh.

Then, Kayden and I sit and wait for Keeley.  I see Keeley's class come out and the teacher try to have another teacher walk Keeley down.  BIG mistake.  Suddenly Keeley is violently shaking her head no, cowering behind her teacher, with a death grip on her teacher's leg.  When they get to the car, both teachers come and the one that had not been allowed to walk Keeley says "try to talk to her and let her know it is okay to come with me."  I told her that we had.  Then Keeley's teacher said "I have never had such a death grip on my leg.  She is a very strong willed child in certain areas."  On the way home I was talking to Keeley and telling her that she could let Mrs. Stevens walk her out to the car.  Her response, "uh-uh. no. I don't want her."  Okay then, I guess we'll keep working on that!

Perhaps I should have kept them home!  It frequently amazes me how much personality is behind these two sweet faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment