Thursday, April 1, 2010

Growing Up

Yesterday I was frustrated by the state of our life lately.  The girls have been demanding - but that is their age.  Today I realized that life with kids really does fly by so fast and, while the constant demands of young children is certainly a challenge, I will be so sad when I no longer feel as needed.  Yes, I will enjoy that I can take a shower/eat/use the restroom all by myself.  But I'm starting to feel as though that enjoyment will quickly be replaced with a sense of sadness that I have lost my little companions.

Because she has been having such a rough time after school and is now a little sick too, I wanted to watch her for a while today while she was in class.  It is so wonderful that I can peak into her world and observe her interactions with her peers.  She was working hard, loving on her friends, and moving independently about the room.  I sat there watching her and realized how independent she already is.  The class received a lesson in the Last Supper and I watched her absorb the lesson and realized how much of her world she already understands.

When we got home, the girls had their picnic lunches and then Keeley told me that she was going to have her picnic and rest time until her light turned yellow (clock telling her when she can come out of her room).  She closed the door and has been in there for an hour and a half now.  I never would have expected her to put herself down for a nap on her own but that is exactly what she did.  It is nice, but I am a little sad that we didn't have our time in the rocking chair.  I guess I didn't realize I was already being phased out :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment