Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Elevator

I had to go to the doctor yesterday afternoon for a check on my leg.  I knew it would be a super fast appointment (we were out in less than 10 minutes) so I didn't worry about bringing the girls with me.  As we were waiting for the elevator to take us down, the girls were sitting on a bench looking out at the parking lot.  When the elevator started approaching our floor, I said "come on girls.  it is almost here."  Kayden immediately, and surprisingly, came right to my side and then turned to Keeley and said "come on Teeley.  come on!"  Keeley's response was "no".  Just then the elevator door open and Kayden ran in.  I stuck my foot in the door to keep it open and tried to convince Keeley to get in too.  She was about 5 feet away so I didn't want to risk going to get her and losing the elevator with Kayden inside.  I also didn't want to grab Kayden and have to wait for another elevator only to have this same scene repeat.

As I held my foot there, I wondered how many more second I had before the elevator started getting angry at being held open.   Just as that thought crossed my mind, I heard dialing and saw that Kayden had pushed the emergency call button.  Fortunately (?), the dialing motivated Keeley to get in to the elevator.  I then had to spend the entire four floor ride down trying to keep the girls to not push the button again.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment