Monday, April 12, 2010

Planting

Both the girls love the garden at school.  Kelly and I have long since needed to do something with our front flower beds so we decided to involve the girls in some planting.  The weather was beautiful this weekend and the girls enjoyed the trip in pick out the flowers.  They enjoyed their gloves, hats, shovels, and kneeling pads.


They even enjoyed digging for a bit.

However, it turned in to this in less than an hour.  They are enjoying a pre-lunch snack while Kelly and I finish the planting by ourselves.

After I finished my plants, I went inside to get lunch started for the obviously hungry girls.  A few minutes later, I heard Keeley screaming.  I dropped everything I was doing and ran out front (even though I knew Kelly was out there - that is how terrified/hurt she sounded).  When I got out there, she was still sitting exactly where you see her above but it turned toward the front door horrified and holding out her hand.  A small bug had landed on her finger.  I don't suppose a life of outdoor activities will be in her future!

1 comment:

  1. These are great pics but I understand not being an outdoorsy type a girl. Not my thing either!

    ReplyDelete