Sunday, October 3, 2010

Dallas Zoo















Yesterday we went to the Dallas Zoo with Grandma. Turns out it was a great day to go because I think everyone was at the football game at the fair. The girls had tons of fun. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the Giants of the Savannah because our girls were done after 4 hours. Next time we'll start there!

We started at the children's zoo section. The girls liked it. I had to convince Kayden that she wanted to ride the pony after she had balked on not one but two ticket buys. I think it went okay but she was certainly not happy about it.

We checked out the goats. Keeley was a little freaked out by them, Kayden was fascinated with their droppings.They looked at ducks with Grandma.
And that was as much as we could stall Keeley from her focus for the day. She wanted to ride a camel. Not one part of me thought this would go well - she was too freaked out by the pony to ride it and didn't want to go in with the goats. Was she actually going to ride the camel? Turns out yes, I just had to go too.
She had so much fun and told me that she'll ride by herself next time. That is fine by me. We were way too high off the ground and the camel was entirely too bumpy for my liking!

The girls really enjoyed all the statues around the zoo.
And they couldn't have been happier that we decided to end the day with an ice cream sandwich!
They both crashed out on the way home which I found very impressive because Grandma was in the back seat with them! Looks like we'll be making another trip to the Dallas Zoo sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment