Sunday, October 3, 2010

Declined

In afternoon carpool the other day, Kayden's teacher told me that there was an accident report for me to sign in her bag. She explained that Kayden had fallen and cried pretty hard and that her other teacher gave her some snuggles. Because Kayden was getting buckled in, I decided to just get the report out and sign their copy right then. I glanced at it and noticed that the "injury" was a fall outside. The next section detailed all the types of first aid that could be given. The teacher had drawn a bracket around all the options and written "declined". I turned around and said, "She declined first aid?" Her teacher said, "Oh yes. She wanted nothing of that. I think she was more angry that she spilled her snack than anything else." I then turned to Kayden and said, "Baby, did you get hurt today?" she nodded "and did you need a bandaid or to wash off the boo boo?" She looked at me very seriously, hiked up her skort just above her knee and said, "It is just a scratch, Mom."

No comments:

Post a Comment