Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Disney - Day 3

Our first full day in Magic Kingdom got off to a bit of a bumpy start.  Keeley's headband had gotten broken on accident the night before.  When Kelly told Keeley in the morning, let's just say it didn't go well.  We had another one (but of course it wouldn't do) and we had pony tail holders and clips.  She insisted on doing it herself but kept getting frustrated that she couldn't make it work.  She wanted our help but told us we couldn't see her while we were doing it.  I quickly tired of this game and told Kelly he'd have to do it.  After 15 minutes of waiting for her to figure out what to do, Kayden and I left for the park on our own. Kayden had already been running around saying, "my body just keeps making me run."  It was time for her to get on the road!  Having us leave apparently motivated Keeley to figure something out and be more pleasant because they arrived at the park just a bus after we did.  We watched a parade by the castle and headed to Fantasyland.  That is a section where the kids could do everything.  We rode the carousel, did the Peter Pan ride, enjoyed It's a Small World (Keeley kept calling it Little World), were scared by Mickey's Philharmonic (3D and too dark in the theater), and fell in love with the tea cups.
This is the only time I got to ride.  Something about being pregnant must make me really motion sensitive because I started feeling so bad I had to close my eyes!  I sat every other ride out and put my feet up in the shade.
We then headed over to our reservations at the Crystal Palace.  I'd heard the food was good so I was willing to deal with the characters - my girls don't really know who the Winnie the Poo characters are and you've seen how the characters were going so far.  I wasn't impressed with the food but we got some really cute pictures of Kayden with the characters.
How cute is her smile here!
She's totally warming up to the characters.
It took forever to get our check taken care of so Kelly took the girls out to head to the tea cups again. They got caught at another show at the castle.
I walked out and spotted them like this.  Too cute.
They have one great daddy!
We played a little at the Tea Cups and then headed back to the hotel for early bedtimes since we'd skipped naps.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had fun! I am sad Keeley didn't want to talk to any of the characters. :) Maybe when they are both a bit older. You look so cute, also! Pregnant, cute;)

    ReplyDelete