Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Disney - Day 4

Oh my was this a day.  We started the day at 2:30am.  Yes, you read that correctly.  For some bizarre reason, Kayden decided to wake up then and since we were all in one room, it was tough to keep Keeley asleep.  We fought through it until about 5.  At 5 I decided that surely the hotel had the Disney channel, turned it on and hoped in the shower.  Then I frantically looked for something to do with the kids since none of the parks opened until 9.  We were in luck!  Chef Mickey's had a 7:15 opening that had become available overnight.  I called the desk to figure out how we were supposed to get to Chef Mickey's and off we went!
My little early bird.  All decked out and ready to go!
A little concerned about the characters starting to make their way around the room.
Keeley's making progress!!  A smile and just a lean away from the character!!
What?!  Almost a pose here.  It only took 4 days for her to warm up to the characters I guess.
Oh Minnie.  We love you!

Because we started the day so early, we arrived in plenty of time to see the pre-opening show at Magic Kingdom.  It was so cute!  The mayor came out and talked, there were dancers, and then Mickey and the crew arrived on the train.  So fun!


We got inside, got our stroller, and headed straight for Fantasyland where we rode the Winnie the Poo ride, Small World and then, of course, the tea cups again.
This is inside the tea cup.  They loved them so much.  Keeley's favorite ride, followed by Big Thunder!

We happened to be standing right there when the White Rabbit decided to set up for pictures so we were first in line for that.  You can see Keeley is thrilled.
You'll notice I'm wearing a button.  We got "1st time" buttons for everyone else and the button lady thought I needed one so she said, "You're celebrating right?  Celebrating your pregnancy.  You look adorable.  Here's and 'I'm celebrating' button"  I couldn't well turn her down after she was so sweet!
Because we'd started the day so early, we headed back to the hotel where we all took good naps.  Keeley woke up and decided she needed to change clothes.  Into this....

By the time Kayden woke up, however, she decided to wear her regular clothes again to the park.  We headed back to the park, explored a little bit and Keeley rode Big Thunder with Kelly (Kayden was too short).  She loved it.  Her favorite part was, "when my bobo came off the seat!!!"  Unfortunately, by the time Kayden and I met up with her (we'd be playing on the island), Keeley was not feeling very well.  Being the awesome mother I am, I had no sympathy for her.  I figured she wasn't eating well and the ride and just upset her tummy a little bit.  Well, after she threw up on Kelly at the park and then on me on the bus ride home, I'd started to feel bad (both for her and for the fact that I had not been sufficiently concerned).  She threw up for about 6 hours and then stopped.  It was not the most pleasant of nights because, remember, we were all in one room.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your recaps about Disney, Kerri! It makes me want to go with my family so bad! Sorry day 4 was so stressful:(

    ReplyDelete