Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Disney - The End

Keeley ended her vomiting around 2am and I just hoped and prayed no one else would get sick.  We had brunch at Epcot with the princesses scheduled for 10:30 so we took it SUPER easy that morning and went to breakfast.  I was nervous the whole time any time she said she didn't feel good.  It must have just been residual pain and discomfort though because she didn't throw up again (thank you, thank you!).  We got to Epcot and the girls played at this fountain while I got the stroller.
Discussing what to wish for.
Keeley's ready.  Kayden, not so much.
Such adoring eyes for big sister.
 After the fountain, we loaded up and headed to Norway for the brunch. I was so pleased we were able to make our reservation because Keeley had been so excited about eating with Belle the entire trip!  It was fun to talk to all the princesses.  The girls really seemed to enjoy it.  It made me laugh during the trip how very literal my girls were (and realistic).  Keeley got frustrated when people called her a princess or Belle because, "I'm Keeley Ashlin Culhane.  I'm not Belle.  I'm just wearing her dress!!"
Staring in awe at Cinderella up close!

Snow White kept calling both the girls "Bashful" which was funny to me but the girls haven't seen the movie so they totally didn't get it!
With Ariel.  They were upset she wasn't in mermaid form.

After our brunch, we went on the boat ride in Mexico and then the girls and I headed back to the hotel.  Keeley still wasn't 100% and Kayden and I hadn't slept well since Keeley had been sick so I decided the girls needed to sleep.  Since Kelly had never been to Disney, I told him to stay and enjoy the World Showcase part of Epcot.  Even if the girls were feeling better, that isn't too fun for them and I'd already done it several times.  So he helped me get them all the way to the busses and then we went our separate ways.
March at Epcot is beautiful!!

The girls (all three of us!) had great naps.  I texted Kelly to let him know that we were all doing great and that since they were napping so late I thought we should head to Downtown Disney after he got back instead of trying to tackle another park.  He got back and seemed very tired and the girls wanted to swim so I took them to the pool while he rested.  I was annoyed that he wasn't helping more since I'd had the girls all afternoon while he got to leisurely enjoy the park.  I should have learned my lesson with Keeley.  It wasn't long after I started to feel that way that he started throwing up too.  So, the girls and I did our best to stay away from him and to relax.  I decided that he'd be like Keeley and fine the next day and that the girls and I needed some rest time anyway.  We watched Cinderella and I tried to ready the room for our check out the next morning.  At bedtime, I tried to get the girls to sleep in the same bed (fail) and finally told Kelly he was going to have to sleep on the floor because I didn't want anyone else getting sick.  So, Keeley got a bed to herself and Kayden and I were sharing a bed.  Around midnight, I woke up not feeling well and started throwing up shortly thereafter.  While in the bathroom, I hear Kayden start crying and instantly know that she is sick too.  Sure enough, Kelly shows up minutes later with poor scared Kayden covered in vomit.  My family doesn't get stomach bugs so Kayden was totally freaked out and I felt awful that I was too sick to do a whole lot to help.  We both threw up until about 4 am and no one slept really because we were all in one room. 
They'd wanted these cookies since day 1.  Bad plan to give it to them when I did since that black does not look pretty coming back up.

Around 7 we all woke up.  The girls, of course, felt totally fine and wanted to ride the tea cups of all things.  There was no way I was making the tea cups work or the ride to Magic Kingdom.  Our flight didn't leave until late that day and I felt bad just sitting in our room when the girls were fine so I decided to take them to Hollywood Studios on my own since Kelly was still very sick.  There was a show opening that had Jake and the Neverland Pirates in it and they have a big playground.  Pretty much that trip was a fail because I still didn't feel good and Keeley was mad there weren't any rides.  We got back to the hotel, ate a tiny bit, played until the Magical Express took us to the airport.
Playing in the giant decade numbers outside the hotel.

The flight back was way better than I expected and the girls promptly passed out in the car on the way home.  I was so thankful to get back in our car and not have to worry about vomiting in strange places anymore.  I have never been so glad to be home in my own bed!!

So, all in all we had a great time.  I will always remember how indignant Keeley got when people said "Hi princess" or Hi, Belle" to her, how she hid from the characters but insisted that I get them to sign her book, and how much she loved Big Thunder and the Tea Cups.  In my mind, I will look back on this trip and remember that Kayden insisted on being completely naked every time she had to go to the bathroom (shirt, shoes, socks, everything), how she insisted on being carried if she had to walk more than two feet even though she claimed, "my body just keeps making me run around", and the joy and wonder in her eyes when she interacted with the princesses and characters.  I will try not to remember how sick we all were at the end!!!

1 comment: