Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School


We are off to a new school year again!  The girls have enjoyed counting down the days with their links.  I think the excitement is mainly due to the fact that they are both in the primary now so they will get out of the car at the same time, see each other on the playground, and get to get in the car together.  They are the best of friends. 

The morning started off with a special breakfast and note for each girl.




At school, each time they have snacks they put a tiny flower vase on the table.  It always causes problems at our house but I thought I would give it a try for the first day.

They were excited about their breakfasts and immediately began telling me what they wanted for the next day.  Apparently they are expecting special breakfasts every day now...

Everyone got dressed and fed and we were ready to go on time.  I was super impressed with all of us because even though the girls get up early and school is close, getting all of those things done and taking care of Killian seemed overwhelming to me the night before!



When did she get so big? :-(
They had a great first day, played together on the playground and came home very tired.  No nap happened, obviously, but they went to bed early and fell asleep instantly.  I think this is going to be a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment