Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Kayden

I need to preface this with the fact that Kayden is usually a very good helper (both the girls are) and usually is very excited to do the random little things I ask her to do.

Right after lunch today and before a nap time they were going to miss because we had someone coming over to the house to do some work, I asked Kayden to put her clothes away (they were all folded on our "laundry couch" as Keeley calls it).  She looked at me and said, "Umm, I don't think I want to."  Seeing this as an opportunity to discuss how sometimes you have to do things you don't want to, I said, "Well, what if I hadn't wanted to make you that extra ham sandwich you asked for at lunch?"  Without even pausing to think she said, "Well, then, I guess I might run out of hugs and kisses."  And then gave me her cutest smile. Bested by a three year old.  Perhaps this day is not going in my favor!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you hate it when you think you have a situation all thought out AND the kiddos still win! Boo!!

    ReplyDelete