Monday, April 9, 2012

11 months!!!

    

Almost a one year old!!  So crazy.  If it is possible, I think we are just more and more in love with him.


Such a happy baby.
 This month our "big" accomplishments would be taking steps (4 or so in a row) and learning to eat more table foods.  This kid loves to eat and is going to town now that he can do more of it himself.
He always has to have at least one spoon.  Here is got a yogurt spoon and tried to feed himself and figure out the texture as well.  So pleased with himself.
I have let him have a bowl a couple of times but even more of the food ends up on the floor this way.  I think we will stick to just food on the table for now.


Vegetarian sloppy joes.
Powering through some couscous tacos I made.  He definitely ate more of them than the girls did.  I loved watching him eat. I hated the couscous everywhere.  Thank goodness for dogs!

Some other notes about our little guy at 11 months:
* Favorite places to be: snuggled with mom or hanging out on the fire place watching his sisters
* He loves the sand table and playing with trucks.
* When he is in his red car, he likes the yellow hood down.  If it is not down he reaches up to shut it.
* He thinks he is pretty cute and expects you to smile at him.  If you do not smile at him, he will hold his smile but his eyes and eyebrows begin to get a confused look as if to say, "Everyone thinks I'm cute and wants to talk to me.  Why are you not doing that too?"
* We had lots of tantrums last month if we closed the refrigerator/pantry door/dishwasher/freezer..He wanted to play in them and was not happy that they were closed.  I started asking for his help and now he loves to help close all of them and then give me a high five.  So adorable.  I much prefer that to the previous reaction of tantrum.
* He has 7 teeth
* He has no words but is starting to make sounds that indicate we are close (He says "ke" and "ka" when Keeley or Kayden come in the room so I know that he knows their names but can't quite get the sounds together.  He also says "daaa" for the dogs and "da" when he sees Kelly.  That's it.  You'll notice there is no  "ma" for mom)
* He knows what he wants and will insist that it be the way he wants it.  When he nurses, I like to have one hand behind him and one in front of him so I can love on him with the free hand.  He likes for me to have both hand behind him.  If one is in front of him he will grab it, lift his leg out of the way, and position my hand where he wants it all without stopping his meal.  Cracks me up every single time.
* We are FINALLY to a wake up at 5ish to feed and then for the day around 6:30.  I put him to bed at 6:30 or so and he sleeps all the way to 5.  It is wonderful.  He nurses when he wakes up and and before his naps and bedtime. I don't really see him stopping soon so I have had to start thinking about weaning.  I just assumed he would stop like the girls did but he does not appear to be doing that!

More than anything, though, he loves his sisters!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment